[CT Birds] Another opportunity to go to Great Gull

Comins, Patrick via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Tue Jun 3 21:05:33 EDT 2014

Since the tern colony at Great Gull Island is running about a week late, Helen is going to be running another work weekend this coming weekend, in case anyone would like to go out.

One disclaimer, the living conditions out there are a bit rustic.  There is no electricity or running water, but nonetheless it is an amazing experience to be in the middle of a tern colony like Great Gull Island.  (sorry if I didn't make that clear in earlier posts!)

Helen also wanted me to pass along her thanks for all the help the Connecticut birding community has provided this season!  "with your help we marked a little over 4300 nests last weekend.  Anticipating that we may mark over 3,000 nests this weekend have made the coming weekend, June 6-8  A WORK weekend with boats on Friday to bring people out and a boat on Sunday to take people back to the mainland. We  could use a few more people, but have enough people signed up to do the job. Hatching should begin June 13-15. Over all our season is about a week late!

Thanks again for all your help!"

Anyone interested could contact Helen at hays at amnh.org

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation