[CT Birds] NHBC 1st Wed Walk Highlights

Tina and Peter Green via CTBirds ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Wed Jun 4 18:40:18 EDT 2014

Today's NHBC's 1st Wednesday Walk took place at White Memorial Foundation in Litchfield and was well attended by 32 birders including our leader Greg Hanisek. We tallied 69 species,the highlights being the branching Barred Owlet and the young Pileated Woodpecker peeking out of its' nest cavity. After lunch,twenty of us visited the Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy for a private tour led by the aviculturist, Nick Tiberio. We enjoyed wonderful looks at various waterfowl from around the world including adult Smews as well as Snew ducklings.
Many thanks to Greg and to everyone who attended the walk and visit to the LRWC.

Tina Green
1st Wed Walk
Sent from my iPhone