[CT Birds] Great MT Forest - Norfolk/Canaan

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 6 19:05:13 EDT 2014

We received permission to bird this high North Western part of CT today, and here is what we saw
as Breeding highlights.

Best - a breeding Sharp-shinned Hawk !
also - breeding Golden crowned Kinglet!
Many good Warblers such as -
Magnolia, BT Blue, BT Green, Yellow-rumped, Black t Green, Blackburnian, plus 7 others.
Yellow-b Sapsucker, no Red-b-Nuthatch but nest here, Purple Finch. Biggest surprise was not seeing or hearing one JUNCO! They nest here usually in good numbers. Sure they are here but we missed them.

We also found a field with at least 4 singing male Bobolink in Canaan!

Paul Carrier - Paul Desjardines