[CT Birds] Naugatuck State Forest - East Black - Hooded Warbler

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 13 20:14:35 EDT 2014

Hooded Warbler (singng a short breeding territory song) near the gravel road beneath Beacon Cap, this morning, in the rain. No BT Blue singing, but I'd heard a BT Blue in that area 2-3 times last week.  As Dr. Oshlick mentioned, this is an unusual southern CT occurrence. They are usually encountered a couple miles further north.

Since the SBC almost 2 weeks ago, I wonder if there been any more observations of BT Blue at East Rock?

Steve Mayo
Bethany