[CT Birds] East Granby Peregrine

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 18:19:38 EDT 2014

Thanks, Joe.  There are several of the 17 territorial/nesting peregrine pairs (cited in recent issues of Connecticut Wildlife) that I've not yet pressed CT DEEP to pinpoint as to location for my own records.  Connecticut Wildlife has been a good source of information over the years for tracking how the peregrine pairs have been increasing in the state.  I'll check with DEEP and make certain that they are aware of the Bissell Bridge, Windsor peregrines.  At this point, I expect that they are aware of these birds.  Peregrine Falcon recently has been downgraded from endangered to threatened in the State of Connecticut - a very positive sign.

Steve Broker (Cheshire)