[CT Birds] Osprey - Old Greenwich Wednesday, June 11

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 20:57:04 EDT 2014

Around 6:35 pm, from my deck in Havemeyer Park, I heard Osprey calling from the southeast similiar to that reported Sunday. Looking out I saw three Osprey circling in the vicinity of the Commo Tower/Stop & Shop on US 1 on the border of Greenwich and Stamford. I've not had time to determine if there is any nest building activity on that tower. I'll try to check in the next few days. The distance is too long for good photos, but one clearly shows a 'necklace': a female?
AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich