[CT Birds] Interesting Bluebird observation -

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 18 11:15:02 EDT 2014

Interesting Bluebird observation -
Ive worked with Bluebirds for over 40 years, and this was a first. While sitting in the yard this morning, I see the pair of BBirds plus 2 young on the wires and trees searching for insects on the lawn and roadside. In front of me drops a leaf worm on a thread to eye level. Out of nowhere comes the male BBird and snatches the worm out of the air right in front of my face! So I surmise this is a common practice for BBirds when the leaf worm season is here. Also, their were many of these dangling worms about because of the stiff wind. I saw another mid air catch by the female soon after.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton