[CT Birds] Common Loon

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 10:03:34 EDT 2014

 I found a Common Loon early this morning about 200 yards SW of Harvey's Beach in Old Saybrook. About 3 weeks ago, we found a dead one nearby in the Plum Bank Marsh. I am wondering if these were a mating pair.
Also lots of Salt Marsh Sparrow activity. The Plum Bank Marsh flooded again the last 2 nights- less than 2 weeks from the full moon tide June 12.
We also have a striking Little Blue Heron in the marsh that we are trying to get pictures of. It has turned full adult plumage except for matching white secondary feathers on each wing.

John Ogren