[CT Birds] West Hartland birding this morning.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 23 10:56:03 EDT 2014

This morning, my brother Doug and I did some birding in West Hartland.
We found no White-t-Sparrows where they were last year. But we did see a mother Ruffed Grouse with 4 young. We also heard Grouse drumming several times in two diff areas. Junco numbers were good in some areas but not others, but they are quiet this time of year. We had Two female Common Merganser with young, but we just might have been into Mass. Bird of the day was an adult Goshawk circling above us on rt 20 going up the west side overlook of the reservoir. Also saw assorted numbers of local breeding Warblers, but no Yellow-rumps was a surprise.

Paul & Douglas Carrier