[CT Birds] To Fran, out and about New Hartford

Bensilano bensilano at netscape.net
Wed Jun 25 12:42:39 EDT 2014

The Sandpipers definitely have young in the area. Check over at Brown's Corner too. The parking lot is active with Killdeer ( I assume sandpipers and killdeer are the same ). I found a few nests there. Someone roped off one of nests with eggs a month ago. Last egg is gone. I saw adults with lots of babies. The adults do the broken wing act even if you are just in the parking lot. An other place with very active Killdeer is the parking lot of B&D Manufacturing in Canaan.