[CT Birds] Taxonomy

birdgirrl at comcast.net birdgirrl at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 10:50:29 EDT 2014

I think that a rudimentary knowledge of taxonomy is important to enjoy animals, even human animals.  Down to order, it begins kingdom phylum class then order. Then order  has many families within it. With in the family there are many geniuses, and of course it in the geniuses there many species. I would guess that the distinction between sandpipers and plovers might be as much as between us and whales. When people ask me why my parrots of different genus' don't get along, I say "well with do we get along with whales?"

Susanne Shrader