[CT Birds] native bushes

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:24:24 EDT 2014

​Thanks for all the postings about native bushes, plants & deer resistant
plants.  I had planted more native flowers and low bushes this year to
attract more birds & butterflies, but the chipmunks, deer and woodchucks
are devouring everything.  The older, more established trees and bushes
(dogwood, crab apple & others) which are taller are not getting destroyed,
but I hope some of this year's plantings can survive for a year or two til
they mature.  I had chicken wire around some flowering plants but the
chipmunks go under the wire and the woodchucks pull it apart.  Ugh. Good to
know about having the male/female plants too.
Always learning something new here.
Beverly Propen, Orange