[CT Birds] Hoping to refocus: Re: White Faced Ibis

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Wed Jul 2 10:56:19 EDT 2014

Quote-
I am quite certain that at least 20 - 50 so called "birders" and
"photographers" went to hammo between
Sunday the 22nd and wednesday the 25th. What is more astonishing and
deplorable then the disaster
In the marsh is that no one cared about what they saw in the marsh unless
it was a white faced ibis.
No one reported it or removed any of it. all about one's selfish desire to
check one off the "life list' or
To get the "money shot" or to show off some photo's of a rare bird. It is
disgusting behavior.

All those binoculars and scopes and cameras and no one saw the kite's and
line ?????? REALLY ??
How sad and pathetic, Just proves the vast difference between birders and
photographers and
Environmentalists, Like me..I could care less if i ever see a lazuli
bunting or marbled godwit. or
Get a photo of one. And if I do, I will not tell anyone. All that concerns
me is protecting the wildlife and the environment they live in.

***REALLY? If you are only interested in a bird, a photograph, a list
procurement, or just enjoying the day and don't pick up any litter,
you are disgusting and pathetic ???!!! That's sad......no wonder so
many people I know have been turned off to birding! I think its quite
unfair to disparage someone just because they don't prioritize nature
the way you do, that is your choice.  Every birder I know is concerned
about the environment, some are more dedicated than others. But
labeling good-hearted people as being disgusting because they don't
follow extreme self-imposed guidelines is just a bit too radical and
dictatorial for me (and probably quite a few others).

Poor defenseless birders.....they don't pick up litter, they take too
many photographs, they only like birds for a check mark on a list,
they approach birds too closely, they scare birds with their bright
designer birder clothing, they hunt birds, they don't hunt birds, they
kill birds with their cars, they bother birds on the beaches, they
bother birds in the Parks, they use too much toilet paper, they don't
recycle, they get too close to nesting enclosures, they don't vote in
enough far-left environmentalists into office, they are not
vegetarians, they believe in God, they don't believe in God, they
believe in carbon credits, they don't  believe in carbon credits, they
are too green, they are not green enough, they don't believe green,
they don't donate enough to conservation, they don't pay enough taxes,
they are consumed with birding ego, they have leather binocular
straps, they don't walk on established trails, they trample the dunes,
they scare parent's off their nests, they pass on Owl areas, they
bother the birds in boats.....and so on and so on. ENOUGH
ALREADY!!!!....Every birder I know has the greatest respect for birds
and the environment and have great integrity and humility. If they
don't pick up a little litter one day, I know they will pick it up on
another day!

Good Birding!

Keith Mueller