[CT Birds] White Faced Ibis

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:27:21 EDT 2014

And you know, the more i think about this, the more it seems like we should be wondering (once again !) just what the leadership of the parks commission and Hammonasset in particular are doing to maintain these spaces as conservation land rather that amusement parks.  This event should have been stopped if in fact it was prohibited activity. It apparently was not in some desolate area but in pretty plain sight... They were kites. Probably in the air, you know?  In fact, any kite flying during the bird breeding season should be reconsidered by the management.

Likewise, with all the people on staff at Hammonasset, i find it hard to imagine someone could not have been reassigned to clean up the mess. Again, its a wildlife conservation  area.

I disagree with John. It is not on us. It is very squarely on the management of Hammonasset to answer for this like they have for the other gross conservation problems at the park  from recent past.

Perhaps its time for more letters to the Governor, commissioner, and park staff.

Mark

Mark Szantyr