[CT Birds] Coastal Center Parking lot Closed to protect birds during the holiday.

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Thu Jul 3 14:33:40 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,
Happy 4th of July to all. As in years past, in cooperation with the State and Federal authorities, we will be closing our parking lot and grounds at Milford Point to ALL vehicle and foot traffic beginning today, Thursday, July 3rd at 4:30 p.m. The gate will remain closed until Saturday, July 5th at 7 a.m. The grounds will reopen from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday, but will be closed again Saturday at 4 p.m., and remain so until dawn Sunday to accommodate the postponed fireworks. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
The gate lock will be replaced with a new lock during this time, and the normal keys will not work. Please do not enter while the gate is closed, and come again Saturday during the day, or Sunday morning.
With the fireworks and the July 4th holiday, we limit the activity on the beaches to protect the nesting birds and their fledglings. There will be an officer and State DEEP monitors patrolling the area to prevent any disturbance.
Please Pass the word to others ! Thank you again for your help and understanding. Have a great holiday!

Frank

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
1 Milford Point Road