[CT Birds] More detail on 7/19 BBC Pelagic

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 09:02:01 EDT 2014

Hello birders, thanks to Jeremiah Trimble for this detail on the upcoming
full-day pelagic trip out of Hyannis, MA. Hope to see some of you aboard.
See below.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com
nbonomo(AT)gmail(dot)com

Hello Birders!

The last month have seen some impressive pelagic bird sightings in our
region! Most recently these have included a Fea's Petrel in Massachusetts
waters, a first state record (!), a Trinidade Petrel that washed up on a
beach in Maine (another first state record!) and a Yellow-nosed Albatross
off the coast of Massachusetts!  Clearly some amazing birds out there right
now!

Please join us for a pelagic trip to the deep waters south of Cape Cod.
Details are below.

Best,
Jeremiah

*JULY 19, 2014: 2AM – 7PM to *Hydrographer Canyon area for: 4 Shearwater
species (including SCOPOLI’S, 3 Storm-petrel species, Gannets, 3 Jaeger
species, terns, gulls, sea ducks, possible  BLACK-CAPPED PETREL, BRIDLED
TERN, SKUAS …(and maybe even that FEA’s PETREL just seen out there!!!)

Cost:  $185 BBC Members -  $200.00 – non members

 We have Master birders Jeremiah Trimble, Mark Faherty, Tom Johnson and
Nick Bonomo leading the trip. Our boat, the Helen H, is a very comfortable,
fast, 100 foot fishing boat with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Captain
and crew. We use gallons of chum to attract the birds..  There are 38 bunks
aboard which will be available to the first 38 who sign up
<http://content.brooklinebirdclub.org/2012/01/2012-pelagic-schedule.html>.
There is a full galley with excellent food at reasonable prices. Parking is
free. Please be advised that because of the possible increase in the cost
of fuel, there may be a surcharge to cover any extra expense

To reserve a space, send a check for the full amount made out to the
'BROOKLINE BIRD CLUB AGENT' along with a signed waiver
<http://massbird.org/BBC/BBCPelagicWaiver_Print.htm>to: Ida Giriunas, 83
Summer Ave., Reading, MA, 01867 and include either your email or your
postal address
<http://content.brooklinebirdclub.org/2012/01/2012-pelagic-schedule.html> for
confirmation, boarding instructions and further information.

For further information, a Waiver Form and to register, contact:

Ida Giriunas 781-929-8772, <ida8 at verizon.net>