[CT Birds] Wilton: Black Vulture

Kamran Amin kamranamin at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 18:23:43 EDT 2014

I have been seeing a big
black bird flying around for some time, maybe a few months.  It looks like
the bird has taken my neighbors detached old garage as a home.  For
the first time the bird landed on my chimney when I was working in the yard to
check me out.  It perched there for some time which helped me take a
close look.  I can definitely say it’s a black vulture.   I
have seen two adults and one young one.  Strange that it has taken my
neighbor’s garage as a home.  Is this normal?

Kamran Amin
Wilton, CT