[CT Birds] Eastern Kingbird? Unofficial Siting

NANCY CIANCIULLI pepc0142 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 13:49:50 EDT 2014

I'm a novice for sure but this citing this morn is haunting me so I'm handing it over to the experts.
7am- Guilford rte 1- across from Bishops Farms open field. I was slowed in traffic and saw a large 8-9" black bird w/ white chest sitting very erect on a limb and looking at the field. I did not get a good look at the tail but the posture reminded me of a hawk. I've searched my guides all day and come back to the Kingbird. Maybe someone has had this sitting before?