[CT Birds] Wandering off the beaten path

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 19:22:58 EDT 2014

Sort of missing the point here. We have very few places to see and photograph birds on the Connecticut shore. Hammonasset was once the best of them. The people who are in charge of maintaining Hammonasset are selling away our natural interests in exchange for the money that  various non-nature user groups bring to the coffers. This recent incident involving kites could be truly damaging to nesting birds. It is just one instance of poor and wrong-minded management.

New Motto:
Connecticut State Parks ... Anything for a buck!

If you are comfortable with the incredibly diminished state of Connecticut birding ( and it is incredibly diminished) or if such discussion bores you, sorry.  Your boredom is a small price to pay to try and bring change to a state conservation system that is broken, or worse, has been sold out at the highest levels. We MUST take this back.

Mark Szantyr