[CT Birds] Thank you

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 20:42:09 EDT 2014

Good evening, John,

I just want to thank you for setting the record straight. I was at
Hammonasset on Saturday this past weekend and was happy to be the first
ones there at the Cedar Trails. I only recall seeing the Purple Martins at
their "hotel" and nothing seemed amiss due to you and the other person
cleaning it up. I do not get there too often as I have Rocky Neck State
Park nearby and walk their trails to look for birds. I will do my part by
making sure I bring a bag with me to pick anything up that I see. Typically
I pick trash up and find a receptacle but sometimes I need a bigger bag -
it happens in the Nehantic State Forest too and it absolutely maddens me to
see the mess some people leave behind. The Park Rangers are all very busy
keeping our forests/trails and state parks safe for everyone and each
person that enters one of these places needs to be mindful of what is
around them and carry out what they bring.

Over this past fall and winter, I have learned that when I am outside I
feel best and that got me out looking for the Snowy Owl (found it in
Sachuest National Wildlife Refuge in Middletown, RI). I am a fan of
Lighthouses too so finding the winter birds and ducks and Beavertail
Lighthouse made my winter quite enjoyable. I have carried that through
Spring and now Summer. It is much better for me to be outside in nature
rather than inside on my computer and watching tv. :-)

I am a member of the CT Audobon as well as New Jersey and I purchased a
State Park Pass as I want to support as much as I can. I work a full time
job in an office and actually would rather be outside but I need a paycheck
and insurance.

As I stated earlier, I will be sure to include a bag for things that people
leave behind in our beautiful parks, forests and trails.

Kind regards,

Jeri Duefrene
Niantic, CT