[CT Birds] Hammo WF Ibis: yes

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 14:43:31 EDT 2014

I saw the White-faced Ibis this morn with Linda Vegliante and Denise Jernigan around 10 AM.  Sighting was confirmed by Noble Proctor.  It was in the marsh grasses on the southwest side of Nature Center Parking Lot.

Other birds of interest that Linda and I saw included:

3 Seaside Sparrow
2 E. Kingbird
1 Willow Flycatcher
2 GC Flycatcher
12 Yellowlegs
3 SB Dowitchers
1 LB Heron x Tricolored Heron hybrid
8 Glossy Ibis
2 LB Heron, (1 adult, 1 juv)

Shorebirds and hybrid Heron seen in the Boulder Pond.  Most other birds seen in the area around Nature Center Parking Lot or from Cedar I platform.  Very buggy on way out to Cedar I platform.

Lots of Least Terns, Barn and Tree Swallows, and Killdeer in the area.   Common Yellowthroats and Phoebes singing in many spots

We bumped into some birders who said that they had seen a Stilt Sandpiper in the Boulder Pond earlier.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad