[CT Birds] OT: bird call app

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Tue Jul 8 12:43:28 EDT 2014

The folks behind "Birdsnap" have hopes for a song ID app, and even for building all this into smart binos -- there goes all the fun!

http://engineering.columbia.edu/it-crow-or-raven-new-birdsnap-app-will-tell-you-0

Bird songs are hard to ID by computers, since there's so much variation -- we can tell "similarities" better than computers can now.  At least, today.