[CT Birds] Long Beach, Pleasure Beach Hilites

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 10 17:17:37 EDT 2014

From Frank Mantlik
7/10  Stratford, Long Beach & Long Beach West - 4 BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES (3 male, 1 female) in large Locust tree just before entrance booth, 4 Piping Plovers, 7 Least Sandpipers, 33 Least Terns, 2 Common Terns, lots of feeding & migrating swallows ( mostly Tree and Barn, with a couple Bank).

7/10 Bridgeport, Pleasure Beach - 6 Piping Plovers, 14 Least Terns, 17 Common Terns. And by far my rarest sighting was a ZEBRA SWALLOWTAIL butterfly that flew past me heading east at 10:20am.

Sent from my iPhone