[CT Birds] Keep Eyes Open for Royal Terns

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jul 11 07:48:00 EDT 2014

There has been a rash of Royal Tern sightings in the Northeast, perhaps related to Hurricane Arthur, with several sightings in Maine.   Ewa Holland, one of our field techs, photographed one at Griswold Point earlier in the week.  While that isn't the easiest place to go birding this time of year, and they don't often stay put anyway,  I wanted to let folks know so they can keep an eye out at coastal locations.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut