[CT Birds] nesting Redstarts

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sun Jul 13 21:45:45 EDT 2014

And, Mary & I saw a Yellow Warbler on the Waite St. bridge over upper Lake Whitney, Hamden, this evening, along with 3 baby King Birds bothering a parent for food.

I thought I heard a Kingfisher call, but too little to be sure, & not repeated.

	e-Bird allows for reporting "0" birds, so if some of you lacking Kingfishers would report "0", adding note of their absence from regular locales, that would be helpful information.

I'm glad the Tanager was easily nailed, but of course if you have a smart phone, you can take video to capture the song, and post it.  I'm not one for too many gadgets, but it's good to be conscious of how they can be helpful.