[CT Birds] Summer Tanager

Bensilano bensilano at netscape.net
Fri Jul 11 20:29:52 EDT 2014

I truly believe I have had a second spotting of Summer Tanagers. This time I was working in Burlington. This is an all red bird. It is not a Cardinal. This bird does not have black wings. The only bird that I find on line or in any field guide books, is a Summer Tanager. Googled the sound too. Sounds very close. The last time I spotted an all red bird, I was in Avon. If anyone has other ideas of what species this could be, let me know. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks BEN