[CT Birds] Kingfishers

Dan M dan.merc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 17:11:21 EDT 2014

I have seen Kingfishers at my usual haunts in Meriden and Middlefield.

Just wondering how far the shortage of Belted King Fishers goes. There are five locations within a couple miles of my house here in Old Lyme where they  were automatic every year.  This year I have seen none there or anywhere else. When I talk to someone, birder or otherwise,  if they have seen any I get the same answer,   " Now that you ask, no I haven't."