[CT Birds] Kingfishers

David Provencher provedf at comcast.net
Sun Jul 13 11:46:03 EDT 2014

I kayaked the Quinebaug River between Butts Bridge and Rte 14 in Plainfield
the other day (7/11/14) with my son and his girlfriend, some several miles.
We had a pair of Belted Kingfishers approximately halfway along the stretch.
Also had 3 Green Herons, 3 Spotted Sandpipers, a Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and
one Acadian Flycatcher for avian highlights.

Dave Provencher