Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Jul 13 17:44:36 EDT 2014

The COA Long-legged Wader Workshop is going to be held on Saturday, August
2nd beginning at 8 am at the Stewart McKinney NWR Salt Meadow Unit in
Westbrook. The entrance to the refuge is on Old Clinton Road.  We will begin
with a discussion session where we will review the identifying
characteristics and habits of the herons, egrets, bitterns and ibis that are
found in CT.  After the discussion session, we will walk the trails along
the marsh edge at the refuge.  The marsh is one of the best places in CT to
see Little Blue Heron and Glossy Ibis in the state.  There is no limit to
the number of participants for this workshop, but I am asking that anyone
interested in attending the workshop to contact me by email or phone so that
I can anticipate the number of participants and have handouts for all.
Contact information: email: closcalz at optonline.net.  Phone #:  203-389-6508.
The workshop is free and open to COA members and non-members alike.
Non-members are welcome to join COA at this workshop or at any time in the
future, if they so choose.

Other workshops scheduled for this year include:

Shorebird Workshop, 8/23/14 (Milford)

Raptor Workshop, 9/21/14 (New Haven)

Sparrow Workshop, 10/18/14 (Milford)

Sea Duck Workshop, 11/23/14 (Madison)