[CT Birds] Post dispersel is under way!

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 20 16:09:04 EDT 2014

Oh I just must post this wonderful sighting I had today, on this site! While watering my garden at 3:30 this afternoon here in Harwinton, I catch a movement to my left, and on the wire fence just 2 feet away lands an Immature BT Green warbler looking at me in the eye at eye level. Then another comes over to join it. I believe it was the sound of the water they fancied. Then to my right, 5 feet away, on my small 5 foot Red Cedar tree lands a Redstart. Then another and another! Soon I was surrounded with many Warblers, as close as they could get to me at eye level! It is a thrill to see these birds so close, so intimately, with no fear of me at all. I did see others a bit off, but they were adults and did not want to come to close. All in all their were mostly BT Greens, about 6, and about 8 Redstarts. Then comes in 2 Immature Yellow rumped warblers ! I was communing with young Warblers of the year, and they sure seemed to like watching me water the
 garden. Ah-love communing this close with nature.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton