[CT Birds] Late Invite - East Rock Hike with Senator Murphy TOMORROW 10AM!

Breslin, Sandy sbreslin at audubon.org
Fri Jul 18 16:17:45 EDT 2014

Dear CT Birders,

With apologies for the late notice, I just heard that tomorrow - Saturday, July 19th - Senator Chris Murphy will be hosting a "Congress on Your Hike" event at East Rock Park in New Haven. Senator Murphy holds these walks in different parts of the state to walk and talk with constituents and local officials about issues affecting the community.

The hike will take place at 10 AM on Saturday, July 19th at East Rock Park. Please meet at the summit of East Rock at the parking area near the Soldiers and Sailors monument.  The walk is going to go along the paved road at East Rock. There's a bit of an incline but that's it. No harsh terrain.

Please RSVP to me at ben_florsheim at murphy.senate.gov<mailto:ben_florsheim at murphy.senate.gov> or (860) 924-8622 or just show up.

And don't forget to bring your binoculars! There may not be any warblers to see, but it is a great way to identify ourselves as birders and conservationists - without having to say a word.

I plan to be there. Feel free to contact me (email or phone) if you have any questions. Otherwise, I'll see you there.

All the best,

-          Sandy

Sandy Breslin
Director of Governmental Affairs
Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488
(203) 804-0488 Cell (Best!)
(203) 264-5098 x306
(203) 264-6332 Fax

Audubon Connecticut, the state office of the National Audubon Society with more than 10,000 members statewide, works to protect birds, other wildlife and their habitats using science, conservation, education and advocacy for the benefit of people and the earth's biological diversity. Through our network of nature centers, protected wildlife sanctuaries and local volunteer Chapters, we seek to connect people to nature and inspire the next generation of conservationists.