[CT Birds] Birds I saw at Harkness State Park today

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 19:50:36 EDT 2014

Very exciting morning as I was able to add 3-4 birds to my life list!

Piping Plovers - in the marsh area at Harkness State Park
Semipalmated Plover - same area as the Piping Plover
Adult Breeding Piping Plover
Least Tern

There were many of the Plovers there and sanderlings. I saw about 20 Common
Yellowthroat Warblers - they were all in the tall wildflowers. Very fun to
watch them.

Saw about 6 Great Egrets (I see them at Rocky Neck and Harkness every time
I am there). There was also a family of Osprey too - Mom, Dad and 2 or 3

Great morning at Harkness State Park!

Jeri Duefrene
kaymad143 at gmail.com