[CT Birds] 7/21 birds

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:50:51 EDT 2014

Hi all, just a quick note on a few birds today.

Tom Johnson and I had a Red-breasted Nuthatch at Lake Bethany in Bethany.

A low tide stop at Sandy Pt with Tom was pretty quiet. We had 9 common shorebird species and a small flock of  roosting Common Terns.

The evening high tide at Milford Pt with Doug Gochfeld, Tom Johnson, Julian Hough. The male White-winged Scoter continued. The roosting Semipalmated Sandpiper flock was estimated at a minimum of 2,500 birds.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com
nbonomo(at)gmail(dot)com