[CT Birds] Another birdsong ID Challenge

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 11:59:17 EDT 2014

Over the course of this season I've heard several calls that I  just can't
identify for sure. A lot are incidental, heard once or twice and  gone, But
some, like this one, I hear over and over. The bird was in  the same area
for several weeks, at least. Sounds similar to a couple of birds  but not
close enough that I have any confidence that I'm right. The two I  can think of
are Magnolia and Hooded Warbler. Magnolia is fairly plentiful in  the
general area; I've never seen or heard a Hooded. Habitat would be ok for  either
one, and the call seems to be consistently coming from the ground or very
close to it. I have recorded the song several times, but when I play it back
to  the bird it immediately moves 200 feet away. And yet it's not shy - I
recorded  this from the road and it was apparently very close, even though,
once again,  I've never seen the bird or even a movement. Got any ideas?

_https://www.dropbox.com/home/UKN%20Bird%2C%20BH%2C%207-12-14_
(https://www.dropbox.com/home/UKN%20Bird,%20BH,%207-12-14)

Don Morgan,  Coventry
mntncougar at aol.com