[CT Birds] Sniffens Lane

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 12:34:09 EDT 2014

I worked security at the Stratford Army Engine Plant and patrolled that site daily for a while. At this time of year there were many birds nesting in the area, and in particular on the roofs of the buildings. The government had a man come in to remove the nests and eggs from the entire site. I cannot say too much about the site, but it is the condition of the site which has delayed its redevelopment. Only two buildings were being used at that time, the main building and the Aircraft Museum, across the road. I am not sure if the Museum is still open but there are very few staff on that site, though security is still strong and essentially so.