[CT Birds] Birds feeding

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Wed Jul 23 13:02:44 EDT 2014

Hi, Craig! (I've been sitting on this email for a while...)
I've noticed a definite feeder up-tick as well. The finches, of course,
are chowing down in greater numbers - but they're into their nesting
period. But the sunflower (2 feeders' worth) and suet have been
decimated by the end of every day. For us, part of it is the grackle
factor - they nest in the area and visit in an extended family group.
But there are also all the hungry fledglings from this year's "crop":
catbird, wrens, titmice, nuthatches, cardinals, and the various
woodpeckers. They certainly have plenty to eat around the yard, but on
some days, it's like a party at the feeders.
:-)  Tammy