[CT Birds] FYI - Free State Parks Weekend - parking and museum fees waived Sat. & Sun.

Breslin, Sandy sbreslin at audubon.org
Wed Jul 23 13:15:13 EDT 2014

Gov. Malloy Announces 'Free State Parks Weekend' This Saturday and Sunday At All Connecticut State Parks
All Parking and Museum Fees Waived This Weekend as Part of Celebration of State Parks Centennial
 Governor Dannel P. Malloy and Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) Commissioner Robert Klee today announced that as part of the ongoing celebration of the state parks centennial, this upcoming Saturday and Sunday -- July 26 and 27 -- will be "Free State Parks Weekend" in Connecticut.  For the weekend, all parking and museum fees will be waived throughout Connecticut's state park system.
"To encourage everyone to visit a state park in this Centennial year, we are waiving fees at our parks this Saturday and Sunday," said Governor Malloy, who made the announcement during an event at Sleeping Giant State Park in Hamden -- one of Connecticut's 107 state parks.  "This means we will not charge the usual parking fees and we will not collect admission fees at state park museums.  With this added incentive, we expect many new patrons to visit a park and experience first-hand the beauty and outdoor recreation opportunities they offer so close to home."
For more information, please visit Governor Malloy's website: http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/cwp/view.asp?a=4010&Q=548928

All the best,

-          Sandy

Sandy Breslin
Director of Governmental Affairs
Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488
(203) 804-0488 Cell (Best!)
(203) 264-5098 x306
(203) 264-6332 Fax

Audubon Connecticut, the state office of the National Audubon Society with more than 10,000 members statewide, works to protect birds, other wildlife and their habitats using science, conservation, education and advocacy for the benefit of people and the earth's biological diversity. Through our network of nature centers, protected wildlife sanctuaries and local volunteer Chapters, we seek to connect people to nature and inspire the next generation of conservationists.