[CT Birds] Question on Grass Lawns

twomirers at comcast.net twomirers at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 12:53:39 EDT 2014

Hi Paul: Robins are inhabitants of open woodlands, and would have found lots of native worms in the leaf litter on the forest floor (though the earthworms they are now gleaning from our lawns is a species introduced by European settlors). And further west, they would also have found easy pickings in mixed prairie-woodland habitat.

Rob Mirer