[CT Birds] Robins' natural habitat

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 16:35:01 EDT 2014

I strongly suspect that they have always lived in the deep  woods, along
with most of the other thrushes. I think they probably prefer wet  woods of
mixed conifers and hardwoods, or even all conifers. Actually I suspect  any
woods will do. Probably lakes, streams and marshes all make the surrounding
woods more attractive.
Take a drive through the Yale Forest in Ashford/Union if you  don't believe
me. There are more robins there than I've ever seen anywhere  except in
migration. I routinely under-report them on Ebird because I'm afraid  the truth
will not be believed. Next to chickadees they may be the most numerous
bird there.
Don Morgan,  Coventry
mntncougar at aol.com