[CT Birds] Slater Museum Exhibit

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 25 07:43:22 EDT 2014

Yesterday I went to the Slater Museum in Norwich...I had never even heard of it before. It is worth a trip, especially for the current exhibit, The Animal Heart.  This exhibit shows the work of contemporary CT artists, many of birds. Keith Mueller has several of his sculptures in the show and it is worth the drive just for these alone. His Quetzal is a beautiful sculpture of this bird and it is hard to imagine that the delicacy of the piece is actually a carving. His Pileated Woodpecker captures this bird perfectly. But the masterwork is his Potoo, an amazing piece....I was entranced by this remarkable work and my friends had to drag me away.

The show runs through August 10th.