[CT Birds] Possible Blue Grosbeak in Salem

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 21:27:41 EDT 2014

While shopping at Burnett's Country Garden on RT 85 in Salem, I heard a lod mettalic chip not coming from the rear border of the store. I only saw the bird twice and both times very briefly but the strong mettalic chip note and size and coloration of the bird was consistent with a female / first year Blue Grosbeak. Again, i did not see the bird well enough to be positive but it is worth checking out if you are in the area.  There was also a Yellow- billed Cuckoo calling from the property

Mark Szantyr