[CT Birds] Boston Hollow beaver marsh, 7-27-14

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 12:08:58 EDT 2014

Despite the threatened rain I took a drive to Boston Hollow  yesterday, and
stopped at the new beaver dam and marsh, on the left  side just a 10th of a
mile after the road turns to dirt. The weather was  already very
threatening but there were a lot of birds making a lot of noise.  Maybe they wanted
breakfast before the rains came. I was there about an hour  sitting in my car
in one spot and had 23 different species, plus a  Broad-winged Hawk sitting
on a wire before I even got to the dirt road. There  aren't than many places
you can go right now and get 24 species in a day of  birding. Just before
it started raining it suddenly got quiet, and stayed that  way even after it
stopped, an hour later.
 Ebird below

Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Windham, US-CT
Jul 27, 2014 8:30 AM - 9:45  AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
24 species