[CT Birds] Backyard birds this evening

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:29:30 EDT 2014

I was happy to see the answer to the Cardinal question as I have had a
cardinal with a gray head here too. I also had a Tufted Titmouse with the
same type of bald head. He/she was just here again

Tonight I had a very young Black Capped Chicadee that looked like he was on
his own for the first time - so cute!

Oddly enough, I have not seen the 10-12 House FInches this evening, my
feeder ran out really fast again! I just filled it Sunday morning and it
was gone! Those birdies have been eating a lot lately - does that mean
anything?

I am heading to Bar Harbor, Maine this weekend to see Puffins before they
head to the Tundra! :-) I am very excited!
Has anyone here seen them before?

I love reading these lists and they all give me new ideas for where I need
to go to see some different birds.

Jeri Duefrene
Niantic, CT