[CT Birds] Avocet photo, Hammo pesticides

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 18:58:31 EDT 2014

I was able to manage one very poor record shot of the Avocet as it was
flying through, linked here:
http://www.shorebirder.com/2014/07/american-avocet-hammonasset.html

Also of note, the picnic area that lies between the trailheads was closed
today for pesticide application. I have done zero research on the matter at
this point, so have nothing more to add, but wanted to make it known. If
anyone out there has details on this, please share. I wonder what they are
using, and wonder what happens when it drains into the saltmarsh that
literally surrounds the area.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com