[CT Birds] Turkey vulture

minor.craig minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 29 13:36:48 EDT 2014

Well I know a turkey vulture isn't the most spectacular bird around , but today while cutting the grass on my families farm I was able to take a break and watch one soar around and around the farm catching the updraft from the hill . He must have soared around for at leat two mintutes before taking a few beats of its wings and catching a different Draft and soaring back over towards the lake . It must be awesome to be able to soar such distances with such little effort .     Craig vernon