[CT Birds] Mansfield Common Fields

Tricia Reid reidtri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 10:55:28 EDT 2014

To anyone in the group who birds the Common Fields are in Mansfield, the
Town gave the farmer who leases the fields for hay permission to spray the
field next to the cemetary with RoundUp, this was done without an on site
posting of pesticide application. I walked through the field numerous times
after the spraying before I was aware of this.  I have both emailed and
left a message at his office, asking the Town Manager who should have been
responsible for posting, so far I've had no response. Besides my own
exposure, I also worry about drainage into the pond, especially after our
recent heavy rain. Does anyone know about potential toxicity to wildlife?

Tricia Reid
Mansfield Center
reidtri at gmail.com