[CT Birds] Windsor Locks and East Windsor

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 16:00:45 EDT 2014

This afternoon seen from the Windsor Locks Canal State Park Merlin perched near an adult Bald Eagle. This is the earliest I have ever seen one. And at Mill Pond in the Broad Brook section of East Windsor Great Egret continues along with Semipalmated Plover, 2 Killdeers, Spotted Sandpiper and 4 Semipalmated Sandpipers. When one of the Killdeers cocked it's head toward the sky he brought my attention to a Red Shouldered Hawk. Thanks Killdeer!

Paul Desjardins