[CT Birds] Tricolored Heron - Tricolored Heron X

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 18:50:00 EDT 2014

The known hybrid at Hammonasset looks nothing like a tricolored heron now and could easily be mistaken forca little blue unless the white chin and the  pale thin stripe doen the ventral surface of the neck. Also the thighs are paler than the belly. If there isca bird with the distinct tricolored look of a Tricolored Heron, it is either a Tricolored or a new hybrid young.

http://birddog55.zenfolio.com/p698756169

Mark Szantyr