[CT Birds] Hamden - Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Aug 6, 2014

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Wed Aug 6 18:36:35 EDT 2014

Hamden:  upper Lake Whitney.  An afternoon stroll, but some good birds.  M. Kingfisher feeding F., presumably immature:  gave her the fish, which she held in her beak, thinking about it for a good minute.  It was a pretty big fish.  Perhaps 5 Great Blue Heron in four locations, and a four-heronid day.  Fewer swallows & no swifts;  no robins!;  fewer cat birds.

Btw, there will be a Lake Whitney draw down pretty soon, delayed from earlier;  I'll try to alert people, as it may attract shore birds.

Begin forwarded message: