[CT Birds] Hamden - Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Aug 7, 2014

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Thu Aug 7 20:58:28 EDT 2014

An easy hour's stroll -- it's not June anymore.  Most interesting, 3 BCNH in Big Avis (kettle pond at North Lake), one immature, one & prob. 3rd adult:  family group?  If a family, not very demonstrative, rather reserved, positively Minnesotan.  No geese or swans visible, no cormorant -- presumably aroost.  It seems a good year for Kingbirds around the lake this year.  Catbirds & Robins seem to be scattering.  I think only Barn Swallows left.

Begin forwarded message: